Alberta Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) has partnered with Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA) & Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) to bring to you a 2 part learning session on financial information for business owners.
The Money Side of Business
This is an advanced session explaining the basic tools and techniques of financial management for a business owner, including budget creation and monitoring, cash management, product/division/customer analysis, planning/ forecasting, and trend analysis.
• What’s financial management?|
• What tools can help operate my business?
• How do I determine if a product is profitable?
• What’s my most profitable product?
• Who are my most profitable customers?
• Why do I need a budget?
• How do I create and use a budget?
• What reports do I need?
• How do I tell where my business is heading?
• To be able to use financial management tools to evaluate their business and make informed financial decisions
Getting Money: What Lenders and Investors Want
This session explains to the business owner the financial and non-financial information a bank or investor uses to evaluate a loan/investment request, and explains the steps necessary to prepare a business for presentation to a lender and/or investors.
• Why will I need additional financing and capital?
• What are the typical sources for financing?
• What are the advantages and disadvantages?
• How are lenders and investors different?
• Why do I need a business plan and how do I create one?
• What are leverage ratios and how should I use them?
• How do leverage ratios vary between business types?
• How do lenders look at my business?
• To understand how a bank or investor will evaluate their business and the steps necessary for the owner to get their financial statements and business plans in order for presentation to lenders and investors.
8:00 am to 9:00 am for The Money Side of Business;
9:00 am to 9:15 am for optional networking/break
9:15 to 10:15 for the Getting Money, What Lenders and Investors Want
$39.00 + GST and applicable fees. Includes session, networking and a continental breakfast!