Performance Learning Series Workshops
The Ultimate Product Launch: November 22, Edmonton
Alberta Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) has partnered with TEC Edmonton to bring you this workshop.
What if you could harness the same power that giants like Apple, Amazon, and Nike use every day to build excitement and anticipation for their new products? You can, even if you are just starting out or an established company. Every new product or service deserves the energy and sales momentum of a scientific, structured, product launch. Do this properly, and you are more apt to build the anticipation and desire necessary to generate instant demand upon release.
Here is some of what you will learn:
Why the real secret to a powerful product launch is not in the actual launch itself
The top reasons new launches fail
Understanding the core motives of your target market
The purpose of building a lead magnet
How to construct a “tripwire” offer
How to create your value ladder
Creating the launch schedule: tips, tricks, and traps
Executing the Launch
Post Launch – Critical post steps to follow
Workshop length: 3 hours
$39.00 + GST and applicable fees.
Money Side of Business and Getting Money: What Lenders & Investors Want - Financial Session: November 29, Edmonton
Alberta Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) has partnered with Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA) & Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) to bring to you a 2 part learning session on financial information for business owners.
The Money Side of Business
This is an advanced session explaining the basic tools and techniques of financial management for a business owner, including budget creation and monitoring, cash management, product/division/customer analysis, planning/ forecasting, and trend analysis.
• What’s financial management?|
• What tools can help operate my business?
• How do I determine if a product is profitable?
• What’s my most profitable product?
• Who are my most profitable customers?
• Why do I need a budget?
• How do I create and use a budget?
• What reports do I need?
• How do I tell where my business is heading?
• To be able to use financial management tools to evaluate their business and make informed financial decisions
Getting Money: What Lenders and Investors Want
This session explains to the business owner the financial and non-financial information a bank or investor uses to evaluate a loan/investment request, and explains the steps necessary to prepare a business for presentation to a lender and/or investors.
• Why will I need additional financing and capital?
• What are the typical sources for financing?
• What are the advantages and disadvantages?
• How are lenders and investors different?
• Why do I need a business plan and how do I create one?
• What are leverage ratios and how should I use them?
• How do leverage ratios vary between business types?
• How do lenders look at my business?
• To understand how a bank or investor will evaluate their business and the steps necessary for the owner to get their financial statements and business plans in order for presentation to lenders and investors.
8:00 am to 9:00 am for The Money Side of Business;
9:00 am to 9:15 am for optional networking/break
9:15 to 10:15 for the Getting Money, What Lenders and Investors Want
$39.00 + GST and applicable fees. Includes session, networking and a continental breakfast!
The Basics of Bookkeeping, December 6, Edmonton
Understanding how to perform basic bookkeeping duties will help you to track and analyze the transactions taking place within your business - the first step is to learn about them!
In this session we will take you through:
What is bookkeeping?
Why is it important to the success of your business?
Understand basic accounts, the debit/credit system, and how they affect your financial statements
How to track company transactions with use of a small business example
The purpose of bank reconciliations in your business
How to perform one using a small business example
Understanding basic bookkeeping duties better will help you maintain accuracy in your financial statements and information needed for tax obligations. In addition, improve your confidence as you make decisions about growing your business and improving profitability.
$29.00 + GST and applicable fees.