Alberta Women Entrepreneurs has partnered with TEC Edmonton and Juna Consulting Inc.to bring back a series of six essential Human Resource topics to small business owners as well as managers, supervisors or anyone who deals with HR capacity as a part of their organization.
Join us for breakfast and our next session in the HR 201 series focused on mental health at work!
An estimated 1 in 5 Canadians will experience mental illness in their lifetime. At work, it often shows up as behavioural issues that require performance management. Because of the stigma associated with mental illness, most managers and business owners are unsure how to have an open conversation with employees about challenges happening in the workplace.
- Become aware of facts and stats about mental health issues
- Common issues and their prevalence
- Costs to organizations when not managed well
- Interact effectively with individuals suffering with mental illness
- Discuss this sensitive topic with employees, using the ALPS method to open dialogue.